Wednesday, March 14, 2007

How did Dick call to others?

I sent this out to some that new Dick. I have been working on the chapters in the book about Dick and Sarah Hooker was kind enough to reply.


"I picture Dick sitting on the bench at Vermont College hand in the air as if he is beckoning to the person passing by or across the green. Greetings from Dick were not just average hello’s as Sarah Hooker states, “Well, it was more that me had a megaphone with his hands as if to announce whoever it was, but it was personalized—so, for example, he'd say, "Heeeer's Miss Sunshine herself, Sarah Jo Hooker" or "I give you the goddest of the Adult Degree Program, Sarah Jo Hooker", or it might be "Here's Portland Maine's most renowned druid, Susan Hammond!"--"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does this ever bring back memories for me. I graduated from the ADP program in 1983 and even though I never had Dick as my advisor, I spent a lot of time with him as did most of us. He was just wonderful and I miss him.

Patricia Couto

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home